DepEd Order No.78 s.2009
Guidelines on the Implementation and Operationalization of the Regional ICT Tech Voc High School Effective School Year 2009-2010
In suppor to the main objectives of the ICT4E Program and Strengthened Technical Vocational Education Program of the Department of Education, the Regional ICT Tech Voc High School shall be opened to serve as the Center of Excellence in ICT.
Pursuant to the ICT4E Strategic Plan, there Regional ICT Tech Voc HS shall offer a wide range of ICT specialization leading to local and international certifications in ICT. These includes;
Internet and computing fundamentals (ICF) mandated subject in liue of PC Operations.
PC Hardware Servicing
Computer Networking Technology
Animation and Visual Graphics Design
Said schools shall serve as the regional training center and assessment center in ICT. This further means that they shall also serve as the technical support system of other tech voc high schools and other general HS.
Enclosure 1 is the official list of Regional ICT Tech Voc High School which shall adpot the ICT Enhanced curriculum.
Enclosure 2 is the specific Implementation and operationalization guidelines of the Regional ICT Tech Voc HS which shall be followed by all concerned.
A yearly evaluation and evaluation of the Regional ICT Tech Voc HS shall be administered to measure the effectiveness and efficiency of the program implementation. The first monitoring and evaluation shall be administered on Nov 2009.
Some highlights on the coverage
1 PC Hardware Servicing
2. Computer Networking Technology
3. Computer Programming
4. Animation and Visual Graphics Design
1. All regional ICT Tech Voc HS are mandated to offer PC hardware servicing which will become repair and maintenance center in their respective region.
2. PC operations shall replaced by Internet and computing fundamentals to be offered from 1st year to 3rd year for 120minutes or 2 hours a week.
3. All students who finished taking all the competencies specified in the ICF shall be subjected to the online DIGITAL LITERACY EXAM of Microsoft.
4. To determine the students who shall take the ICT track, a general battery test shall be administered to all 1st year students before the beginning of classes while another specific battery test shall be administered after the school yar to determine which ICT stream the student shall pursue for 2nd year to 4th year.
5. Shifting of specializations is not allowed for 3rd year and 4th eyar students.
6. For 1st year ss enrolled in ICT track/cluster, the exploratory subjects in 4 streams in ICT shall be taught.
CERTIFICATION IN ICT. Certification road map for the following ICT Specializations:
1. PC Hardware Servicing - PC Hardware Servicing NC II
2. Computer Networking Technology - compTIA and CCENT
3. Computer Programming - Computer Programmer Certification
4. Animation and Visual Graphics Design - Visual Graphics design NC II and Animation NC II.
Internet and computing fundamentals - ICT and Digital Literacy Certification.
FUTURE DIRECTION ICT Curriculum
1. Development of an online curriculum
2. Development of Multimedia Materials
3. Digitization of all Learning Materials
4. Accreditation of schools as an assessment center
5. Benchmarking of best ICT Schools
Posted with through the help of our friend in Philippines call center industry. For Cebu based training on web and graphics development, including comprehensive PC Assembly and maintenance please contact the blog site webmaster.
You might be interested on the following.
Should we allow to teach graphics editing to student?
DepEd Order No.78 s.2009